Book Club Morning Meetings take place on the third Thursday of the month in November, February, and May, from 8:30 to 10:00 AM.
This year we will be reading and discussing The Leader’s Guide to Unconscious Bias: How To Reframe Bias, Cultivate Connection, and Create High-Performing Teams by Anne Chow, Mark Murphy, and Pamela Fuller.
AVACA members will receive a copy of the book at the beginning of the program year.
Previous books covered in AVACA Book Club include:
- Dare to Lead by Brené Brown
- 365 Ideas for Recruiting, Retaining, Motivating, and Rewarding Your Volunteers by Sunny Fader
- 101 Biggest Mistakes Nonprofits Make And How You Can Avoid Them by Andrew Olsen
- The New Breed: Understanding and Equipping the 21st Century Volunteer by Jonathan and Thomas McKee
- Ask for More: 10 Questions to Negotiate Anything by Alexandra Carter
- The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace: Empowering Organizations by Encouraging People by Gary Champman and Paul White