Date(s) - 12/18/2019
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Ajo Al's Mexican Cafe
If this is your first meeting, you will receive a copy of this book, FREE! If you prefer to listen to your books on Audible, you can purchase a copy of the book there as well. That format we cannot provide.
We will be discussing the first three chapters of the book: “What Employees Want Most”, “For Business Leaders: Why Appreciation is a Good Investment”, and “Appreciation: From Both Managers and Peers”. These chapters provide a quick and enlightening read on the importance of appreciation in a workplace (or a volunteer program). Here are some questions to think about when reading the book:
- How appreciated do you feel by your immediate supervisor? Coworkers? Organization? How has this impacted your engagement in your position?
- How do you show appreciation for your coworkers? The volunteers you work with? Do you believe that it is effective?
- How do your coworkers and volunteer colleagues make you feel appreciated?
- How do you like being shown appreciation?
- What are the reasons volunteers have left your organization? What about your colleagues?
- Has your organization done an employee engagement assessment? Have you done one for the volunteer program?
If you have not picked up your copy of 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace, you can pick up a copy at our meeting. Even if you have not gotten a chance to read the chapters, we would still love to hear your input at the meeting. I look forward to seeing you there!
Please RSVP so we know how many seats to save at the table. If you’d like to bring a non-AVACA Member guest today, include them in your count and bring $10 cash the day of.