Due to COVID-19, this meeting has been moved to Zoom format.
If this is your first meeting, you will receive a copy of this book, FREE! If you prefer to listen to your books on Audible, you can purchase a copy of the book there as well. That format we cannot provide.
We use this book to spark conversation over our virtual lunch today.
We are going to be discussing the last chapters (Ch 10-17).
Register in advance for this meeting by going to https://asu.zoom.us/meeting/register/uJQlce6orDopK4J5lbcis2IOKNrdm7UvYw
After registering, you will receive information about joining the meeting. Please copy that information so you have it the day of the event.
This is a great time to invite those that might be interested in check us out!
Here are the questions we will be discussing:
- What do you know about your organization’s program of recognition? For what are employees and volunteers recognized? How?
- What do you see as the difference between recognition and appreciation? If you had a choice what would you chose?
- Do you believe it is possible for an individual (or small group) to begin to make a difference at their workplace by beginning to communicate authentic appreciation to others? Why or why not?
- How are you expressing appreciation during the current CoVid crisis?
- Can you remember a time that your primary way of appreciation shifted?
- If you suffered a personally difficult event at work, how did your colleagues support you?
- Can you identify personal dynamics between you and a colleague that lead you to conclude that you have a different type of appreciation from them (thank from others that you work with)?
- Are there people that you struggle to authentically appreciate? What are the factors that seem to be related to this challenge?
- How do you feel that this book can benefit your work place and organization’s volunteer program? What will you do to encourage others to join you in creating or strengthening your culture of appreciation?
What? You didn’t get a chance to read the strategy we plan to discuss? Come anyway! We would love to hear what you have to say about the topics at hand!